Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A MOOC Has Become a MOLE - edcmooc


  *audio recording below text and lower image

I joined a Massively Open Online Course (edcmooc)
knocking on an unknown door 
with 40 thousand (maybe more)

A seasoned online
student,
teacher,
course designer

skeptical and prejudiced of what I'd find

sure that no one could design
a "course", a MOOC
to engage me,
much less make me learn -

But even in my lurking stance

I read
and thought
and viewed
both content and community

realizing that I could
pick and choose
my own path
and learn
while others shared their thoughts
and insights

using media to discuss media,
teachers and students 
learning together 

in a Massively Open LEARNING ENVIRONMENT

a MOOC has become a MOLE:
a place where learning 
can occur

challenging my once sure notions
of course 
and design

Still unsure,
My door is OPEN
and begs you to come in.


 


Photos
080409 Revolving Door
and Revolving Door-1
courtesy of Dan4th




No comments:

Post a Comment